Preparing a Motorcycle for Transport
Preparing a vehicle for transport from one country to another requires certain steps. Being able to get the most out of the move is essential. However, if this is your first move with the motorcycle, then it is time to consider the steps required for moving it from one place to the next. Depending on who you’re moving it through, some places require special steps, but this is a standard list of what you should expect.
- Make sure to have the necessary documentation needed to move the motorcycle. You may need to have the bill of sale, the title and any other supporting documents. You will also require other paperwork that needs to be filled out and notarized.
- Clean the motorcycle thoroughly. You want to ensure that even the tires are free from dirt and debris. You want to clean, wax and dry the motorcycle so it looks the best it possibly can.
- Document how the motorcycle looks prior to putting it on the ship. You want to ensure that when it is packed away and ready for transport that you know the condition it is going in. By having proof of this condition, you’re better able to spot any damages done during transport.
- Change out the oil and other liquids inside it. This will ensure that the motorcycle is ready to be sent to the destination. It also ensures that the motorcycle is not going to go through a freeze or thaw stage. When it is weatherized and maintained, you can feel more confident about shipping it to a new place.
- Prepare it for a long journey by covering it. When you cover it with something that is going to protect it with the outside elements, you can ensure that scratches and minor dings and dents are reduced drastically. Check into high quality covers for protecting motorcycles in inclement weather.
Check into what regulations and rules the shipping company has regarding the shipping of your motorcycle. You want to follow these rules and regulations. From there, you can ship your motorcycle anywhere in the world.